• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seo

Looking for SEO software for a few websites - seen IBP, looks pretty good?

Any recommendations?

Takes more than keywords, using lots of tricks I have all of my sites on page one of Google and my personal site no1.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I've said it before, I've said it again, and I daresay I'll get to say it again in the future.

Software isn't the key, and is usually a rip-off given that good SEO is down to making things good for humans, not search engines.

Google are smart enough to make a search engine that's pretty good at working out what's good for humans. I haven't yet heard of any humans smart enough to write software that works out what's good for Google for more than a few weeks.

It takes humans themselves to make Google happy in a long-term relationship

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Takes more than keywords, using lots of tricks I have all of my sites on page one of Google and my personal site no1.
        NSS! My sites are all top too (provided I type the appropriate search terms) ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I've said it before, I've said it again, and I daresay I'll get to say it again in the future.

Software isn't the key, and is usually a rip-off given that good SEO is down to making things good for humans, not search engines.

Google are smart enough to make a search engine that's pretty good at working out what's good for humans. I haven't yet heard of any humans smart enough to write software that works out what's good for Google for more than a few weeks.

It takes humans themselves to make Google happy in a long-term relationship

Thanks, I'll contact an SEO company today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            Thanks, I'll contact an SEO company today.

I don't think that's what NF said.

It's not rocket science. Make the content good and update it regularly. Spread the word and get lots of other, preferably high profile, sites to link to yours. All the tips and tricks in the world won't matter if the site contains crap and nobody can find it.

Comment

There's more to it than content and links if you want to be No.1 for a popular set of search terms.

Comment

Plan B use to rely on house2house leaflet distribution with some Yell.

I suspect the internet may have changed this.

I'm adding my site to about a dozen free index sites.

My competitors aren't very IT literate and I think that an SEO can reduce the need for direct marketing and it's problems.

I have budgeted for £500 per month for advertising.

But I don't want to spend all my days updating and blogging about my services!

Comment

Working...
                X