• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Server 2003 Purchase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Windows Server 2008 is on the action pack definately. Why doesn't the OP use that?
    I think maybe because he signed up recently and Microsoft no longer ships CDs with old OSes and I don't think you can download them from their new download service which seems rather limited.

Comment

Update for those interested (probably no one).
      I have managed to download a Trial copy of Windows Server 2003 from the Microsoft partner site but have been unable to obtain a license for the software because the email thing that was suposed to email me the license did not work.
      The Microsoft partner site online web chat person directed me through to a web page that referenced a US telephone number for support.

The US telephone number helpfully connected me through to a nice Indian woman who took 20 minuets to understand that I am requesting a license key because the email that was supposed to forward the details onto me did not work.

She said that MS Server 2003 was not available any more and then placed me on hold to speak to another useless idiot.

I then decided that I would obtain better support from speaking to the cat rather than Microsoft and then promptly rang a local PC shop who sold me an old unused copy for £250.

Moral of the story. Microsoft is pants.

Comment

Working...
      X