• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recovering files

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovering files

boss has permenantly deleted a folder

is there a utility that can recover the folder ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    boss has permenantly deleted a folder

is there a utility that can recover the folder ?

http://www.restorer2000.com/

Comment

probably best if you stop using the PC immediately. You don't want to have the OS reuse the part of the harddrive on which the directory you want to recover exists
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        probably best if you stop using the PC immediately. You don't want to have the OS reuse the part of the harddrive on which the directory you want to recover exists
        Indeed. The safest way to recover the file is to remove the drive from the machine and connect it by USB etc to a separate machine which will do the recovery.

Comment

I have a hex editor for hard disks. If you want it; let me know. It will take time for me to find it though.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            I have a hex editor for hard disks. If you want it; let me know. It will take time for me to find it though.
            No offence, but unless you know the intricacies of NTFS, that won't be terribly helpful.

Comment

sorted
              thanks all
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                sorted
                thanks all
                How was it sorted?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  How was it sorted?
                  He used the backup of course

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    He used the backup of course
                    recycle bin
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X