• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crappy companies house thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy companies house thing

Due to pending postal strikes I decided to fill in the abreviated accounts PDF. Have got right version on PDF, checked the Co Hse site is available and I can log in with that authentication but clicking submit does nothing.

Has anyone else got the darn thing to work??

Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

We did ours a couple of weeks ago - no problem

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Due to pending postal strikes I decided to fill in the abreviated accounts PDF. Have got right version on PDF, checked the Co Hse site is available and I can log in with that authentication but clicking submit does nothing.

Has anyone else got the darn thing to work??

Cheers.
      No, but I got fined £150 because their dormant company .pdf didn't work.

Have appealed and appealed but end up facing a mindless faceless govt. department that quotes the small print (i.e it's your fault!)

R

Comment

Have you tried using a different browser xoggoth?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

With the online its £15 and I think theres an Authorisation Code which Companies house mail you through the post and then you use this online to get them to e-mail you a security code, I logged in and didn't want to do it (looked complicated). So I got my accountant to do it manually but it will cost me £30 and then I'll have to mail it via courier which will cost more.

Feck.

Comment

Not in a browser zippy, its a pdf file with some sort of internal uploady thing. I submitted it using a different computer in the end.

Beats me why they have to make things complicated, a plain old webpage is much easier. The HMRC things mostly seem to work well now so apparently they are all changing to some bizarre new format soon just to annoy us by wasting our time again. The sole purpose of government is to annoy its citizens.

Ta for replies.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 20 October 2009, 20:27.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X