• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing Javadocs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Javadocs

Following a little thought on some recent CUK threads, I decided to refresh my experience setting up a Java dev box from scratch. I have a clean copy of Eclipse and have downloaded Tomcat, Spring, etc, etc... been putting together build scripts from scratch and so on.

I noticed my referenced JARs are not giving be any Javadoc info in Eclipse, just "Note: This element neither has attached source nor attached Javadoc and hence no Javadoc could be found.". I don't recall seeing this before, I'm used to seeing Javadocs start working as soon as add the JARs to the build path in Eclipse project settings.

Everything else is working fine, I am just hitting a mental block what step I missed. Anyone care to make me feel dumb and tell me what amazingly obvious error I made?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Oh... you can attach Javadoc explicitly for a referenced lib if you expand the lib in build settings.

Cool
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you look at the project on package explorer and right click on the jar, click properties and then you can choose the javadoc location.

Personally I don't use it but if you mess about with that it should work.

Edit: too late

Comment

Working...
      X