• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't work out best way of upgrading PC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Well I cannot believe how this PC is flying now - without re-installing, buying more memory or upgrading any hardware.

A friend told me to try Google Chrome, I did this and in combination of turning off some of the virus checking services it feels like new again. Even with 1Gb of RAM the task manager shows loads of "available memory" depending on how many windows I open of course.

OK so I might need to switch to a different AntiVirus, for the time being though the PC has been saved from the scrapheap!
    NOD32 from ESET get's my vote, seems to be the one that uses the least amount of memory and processing power, Innoculate was the worst I came across, used 40% CPU all the time :P
    Blaming it on permies since 1989

Comment

Working...
    X