• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home CCTV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not true it is no use as evidence. For legalities check gardenlaw and neighboursfromhell sites.
    I spent some time testing Sony's Realshot manager suite and the big problem they had with the original version was that initially the video stream did not have time embedded in the original video stream, it was layered over the top before the video was saved.

In a court of law a lawyer who knows his stuff will get this thrown out as inadmissible evidence because the video stream has been tampered with (when the time stream was layered over the top). There is a reason that professional security systems cost a lot of money, they are designed to produce evidence that is presentable in court, and to make sure that there are no get out clauses due to the inner workings of the system.

Comment

Cctv

I have four bulldog cameras connected to a laptop running RapidOS Digital Surveillance. Each camera is individually configured to suit the environment and zoning of the areas I’m interested in. I can send out motion detection event videos - snapshots to a nominated FTP.
      I have other cameras connected to digital recording ‘boxes’ I forget what they are called – but Maplins sell them.
      AlanR, in your situation you may need to decide if you want a covert solution or a deterrent as some yobbos may play up to the camera. Also, maybe your neighbours or other people will object. Consider if you need colour, day, night time and high quality pictures – unless you invest in quality cameras you won’t get a recognisable image.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I must admit that the plod were singularly uninterested when someone lit a fire in the car port, despite the video evidence of this...

Too much trouble, I suspect.
        Last year my camera was stolen in a pub in London, and a few days later the same guy stole a laptop. All of this was on good-quality colour CCTV, and the landlady had a copy set aside to give to the Police - but they never bothered coming to collect it.

The pub is directly across the road from Charing Cross Police Station, and has coppers walking and driving past it constantly, so it's not as if it would have been much trouble to pop in and pick up a disk

Perhaps they were afraid they'd leave their hats behind

Comment

Working...
        X