• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vista users - what does low mean

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista users - what does low mean

Trying to clear out some of the crud from my hard disc. In users/<me>/appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows/cookies/low there are some 8000 files, obviously stuff I have visited once like <me>24hourmuseum.txt or <me>activeguitar.txt.

What does low mean here? And am I right in thinking that if I just delete the lot the worst that can happen is that I will just have to log in to the few forums/websites I actually use regularly?

Cheers.

PS Almost no adult stuff. I must really be getting old.

PPS Oi, why do I have <me>boardgamegeek[1].txt ???
    Last edited by xoggoth; 30 July 2009, 19:35.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    What does low mean here?
    There's a detailed explanation on the IE blog.

Essentially the "low" refers to the "low privileges" that IE has by default when run in Protected Mode on Vista, whereby it is restricted to accessing just the "low" version of the cookies folder (amongst others) whilst isolating it from the rest of the file system.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
    X