• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best antivirus for Vista?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best antivirus for Vista?

What's the concensus?

Dont suggest kaspersky 2010, its shyte, had the 3 user license revoked through no fault and the 'customer service \ tech support' was less than you'd expect from some 10 year old spotty geek to provide. In other words, shyte!

Dont mention AVG or other AV where you have to download about 4 other spy and malware software to have complete protection, either.

Thanks.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Why ask if you already know all the answers?

Comment

I've always used AntiVir free version.

Linky
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Had no problems with Kaspersky personally, could try Sophos, it is good and also very fast. Not tried it on Vista personally though.

Comment

F-Secure Internet Security

I've been using their products for the last 20 years, in a commercial and also home environment.

Always been excellent.

I run Internet Security 2009 on a Vista PC, and it's never slowed me down or caused problems.

Wouldn't touch Mcafee or Norton with a bargepole.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            I've always used AntiVir free version.

Linky
            WHS, although I'm giving the beta of Microsoft Security Essentials a go at the moment as well.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
              Why ask if you already know all the answers?
              Thanks for your insightful comment. About as much use as a ******* chocolate tea pot.

Comment

Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions. I'll investigate Sophos and F-Secure. I want an AV that doesnt slow down the PC's too much plus this time I'll look to use the trial version first after the nightmare with kaspersky!

Comment

OK, looked at Sophos and F-Secure. Sophos is obviously a business oriented AV and costs over £130.

So, binned off kaspersky and immediately installed a 30 day trial of F-Secure Internet Security and, what interesting results!

F-Secure has found 1 virus and 16 instances of spyware on my laptop while kaspersky 2010 with upto date downloads found zilch only minutes before when I did a final scan on the same laptop!

Deffo confirms my opinion of kaspersky even in its latest guise as a load of crap. I can only say I'd advise anyone with kaspersky to bin it off as clearly it doesnt find all the virus' out there!

Comment

Not tried it, but Sunbelt Vipre is said to be very good in terms of not being a resource hog.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X