• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap or Free remote access software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap or Free remote access software

Does anyone know of any free remote control / access software that will work behind 2 NAT firewalls?

Thanks.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

I use LogmeIn - there is a free version, runs in your browser, no need to worry about firewalls..
    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

VNC is the industry standard free remote control s/w. Works behind firewalls, NAT, various flavors of operating system etc.
      There are various companies making similar products. This is one is the one I use currently: http://www.uvnc.com/

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS View Post
        I use LogmeIn - there is a free version, runs in your browser, no need to worry about firewalls..
        Thanks Kevin. That's what I am looking for. Much appreciated.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
          VNC is the industry standard free remote control s/w. Works behind firewalls, NAT, various flavors of operating system etc.
          There are various companies making similar products. This is one is the one I use currently: http://www.uvnc.com/

PZZ
          Thank for the suggestion. I'd removed the idea of VNC for the main reason of security and time to set up. Logmein is ideal for what I need.

Comment

Is there something wrong with Windows Remote Desktop? Or are you using one of those "other" OSs?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              Thank for the suggestion. I'd removed the idea of VNC for the main reason of security and time to set up. Logmein is ideal for what I need.
              Heres a load more options in case you need them: http://www.filehippo.com/software/networking/

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Is there something wrong with Windows Remote Desktop? Or are you using one of those "other" OSs?
                When it comes to troubleshooting an issue with someone who isn't a techie... I like to keep it simple. I don't want to talk the user through opening ports on the firewall and finding out what their public ip address is.

Comment

Working...
                X