• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google search results

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google search results

I've been testing my website visibility and I'm not sure why something is happening.

Google finds a link to my website, but only to a string contained in a pdf file I have available for download on my website, and not to the actual website itself. What should I look at changing on the website so that Google finds the site first, rather than the pdf file?

Cheers

Do the search terms you are using appear on the site other than in that PDF file? Are there other search terms that return pages from the site?

It might be worth reading Google's SEO Guide; without more details, it's hard to give a specific answer to your question. You can use the Google Webmaster Tools to find out what Google makes of your site, when it last indexed it, and so forth. (Other search engines such as Yahoo and whatever-the-Microsoft-one-is-called-this-week have similar tools available.)

Comment

Thanks Nick. Although the general terms are there on the site that specific search term isn't. I've updated the site and will re-publish it.

Comment

Working...
      X