• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Upgraded PC and now it takes forwever to boot?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    I would also suggest downloading something like Driver Detective and download any new drivers that may be available for your system. You will be surprised how many drivers you may need to upgrade.
    Cheers, I have done this manually but if that's a freeware app I'll certainly give it a go this evening thanks. The stuff I did last night improved things a lot. Main problem seems to have been Avast! falling over during boot up which is now fixed.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Cheers, I have done this manually but if that's a freeware app I'll certainly give it a go this evening thanks. The stuff I did last night improved things a lot. Main problem seems to have been Avast! falling over during boot up which is now fixed.
      Unfortunately, it's not free. But it's quite cheap.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look this evening.

Comment

Most mother board manufacturers web sites contain a free wizard that checks if all of your drives are up to date, for example the Asus one here: http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

That just leaves windows update (windowsupdate.com) and the drivers for the disks and any other extras you may have.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
            Most mother board manufacturers web sites contain a free wizard that checks if all of your drives are up to date, for example the Asus one here: http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

That just leaves windows update (windowsupdate.com) and the drivers for the disks and any other extras you may have.

PZZ
            Thanks, I used an AM3 Asrock AMD790GX board (nice piece of kit too) and installed from the bundled disk followed up by a whole bunch of downloads from Windows update. However, I'll recheck this evening to be sure that I have the latest drivers installed. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post

PZZ
              Even though this is true with Asus M/B's. This may not be the case with every other M/b on the market. I prefer to use a third party driver management tool to give me an idea of what drivers need to be updated... Including non-m/b drivers.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
              X