• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Excel Visual Basic Guru's out there ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Excel Visual Basic Guru's out there ?

'Hi folks

Ive just been handed an Excel spreadsheet with some VB code that apparently
    "used to work ok" and am expected to fix it !

I know very very little about VB and wondered if anyone could fix the code
    for me ?

The error I get in Excel when hitting the "Button" is 'Run time error 1004'

'Application-defined or object-defined error'

If there isnt a simple solution - does anyone feel like having a look at the
    code for me ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Mat

Why would anyone here debug the code for free for you?

Have you tried googling "'Run time error 1004".

Have you narrowed it down to which bit of code gives the error?

Once you have the snippet of code you might be able to post on various technical forums for Excel VBA for help.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Uhhh...you know there is a debugger in excel? Try using it.
      Then ask the question about a specific line/block of code.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

VBA is generally as easy as programming gets but not to say all probs are dead simple. Message me and as a retired old git I'll have a QUICK look if you like. Not spending ages on it tho.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A likely problem if it used to work is that the code is referring to a named range on the sheet, eg Sheet1.range("list").Value, and it has been deleted. Easy to do. Or similarly if it refers to a named sheet and someone has renamed the sheet.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 7 July 2009, 18:05.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Debug it and cut and paste the line into this. As was said its probably because somebody has renamed/deleted something
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It is indeed an issue with a named range.
              Last edited by MikeC1408; 7 July 2009, 22:05.

Comment

Working...
              X