• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Functional Spec Template

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Some standard headings:

Height
    Width of main span
    Clearance required
    Number of lanes
    Number of tracks
    Construction material
    Bedrock type
    Ambient temperature range
    Weight of traffic
    Applicable international standards in the country of installation

The Institute of Civil Engineers can probably provide more.

HTH

Edit: sorry, some of those are NFR, of course.

Sounds like you're building a railway!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Sounds like you're building a railway!
      Oh? Didn't the original poster want a cantilever bridge?

The complete absence of industry, sector, timescale, major risks, technical aspects, scale or any other useful information left me at a loss of how to help.

It was like one of those homework questions you get on LinkedIn's Answers.

I have electronic copies of all the NFR and FR specs I have done this past 14 years on this very laptop. But without knowing what kind of product is being built...
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        I am looking for a template for a functional requirements spec document - can anyone help please ?
        In my old life I used to charge clients in the City of London £500 to £600 per day for this sort of information.

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Sensible request in my humble opinion, given all projects and requirements are different the range of templates does vary which is why I was after something that anyone in their past experiences had found of use.
        Projects and requirements are different and the format of the functional requirements will be different depending on what you are trying to achieve and the audience the requirements are intended for.

That's why you need a professional not a generic template.

Comment

Working...
        X