• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Functional Spec Template

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Functional Spec Template

I am looking for a template for a functional requirements spec document - can anyone help please ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I am looking for a template for a functional requirements spec document - can anyone help please ?
    Try these you lazy project manager.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

PZZ

Comment

Good God.

That's like asking for a template for one's biography.

All projects are different. The functional requirements are different. They differ in scope and requirement. Alarmingly so.

You sound like a blagger who doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

You need a 'template' so it looks like you have a faint clue.

Oh, well. Welcome to CUK

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        Good God.

That's like asking for a template for one's biography.

All projects are different. The functional requirements are different. They differ in scope and requirement. Alarmingly so.

You need a 'template' so it looks like you have a faint clue.

Oh, well. Welcome to CUK
        Nice obtuse responses.

Sensible request in my humble opinion, given all projects and requirements are different the range of templates does vary which is why I was after something that anyone in their past experiences had found of use.

Sorry mate, certainly not the case - don't judge one by your own standards...

Comment

Nice obtuse responses.

Sensible request in my humble opinion, given all projects and requirements are different the range of templates does vary which is why I was after something that anyone in their past experiences had found of use.

Sorry mate, certainly not the case - don't judge one by your own standards...
          So why are you asking for a 'template' for something that is so completely variable, depending on the client's requirements?

Requirements aside, do you not know how to address a functional spec?

Oh. God save us all!

It's amateur hour.
          Last edited by bogeyman; 29 June 2009, 18:46.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog...ffixedcode=WW+

Comment

So why are you asking for a 'template' for something that is so completely variable, depending on the client's requirements?

Requirements aside, do you not know how to address a functional spec?

Oh. God save us all!

It's amateur hour.
              Amateur hour - act like a di*k hour in your case. If you cannot be constructive on this board, s*d off and stopping wasting everyone's time with your stupid responses.

Comment

Amateur hour - act like a di*k hour in your case. If you cannot be constructive on this board, s*d off and stopping wasting everyone's time with your stupid responses.
                Sorry.

There was me thinking you were being a dick for asking for a 'template' for something that should have some considered and original work put into it.

Well, call me old fashioned.

Comment

Comment

Some standard headings:

Height
                    Width of main span
                    Clearance required
                    Number of lanes
                    Number of tracks
                    Construction material
                    Bedrock type
                    Ambient temperature range
                    Weight of traffic
                    Applicable international standards in the country of installation

The Institute of Civil Engineers can probably provide more.

HTH

Edit: sorry, some of those are NFR, of course.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X