• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mail hosting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badger View Post
    I'm not sure it always masques the email address. I found that it did in some cases but not in others with the From address being something like From: [email protected] on behalf of [email protected].
    You need to setup google apps for your domain then that doesn't happen.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I use these guys :

http://www.1and1.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        Just have whoever is hosting your domain forward mail on to [email protected]
        Erm, no one is hosting my domain, that's why I'm here asking for suggestions! I just bought the domain only a little while ago from 123reg.

Comment

You want google apps for your domain, the standard edition (free)

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

I allows you to use google mail as the proper destination for your domain, also if you have a few bods using that domain name, you can share calenders, docs, contacts etc

Have a few clients using it and v-happy with it.
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
            Erm, no one is hosting my domain, that's why I'm here asking for suggestions! I just bought the domain only a little while ago from 123reg.
            They will be holding your cname entries (I think that's what they are called) and forwarding your email - just login in to their admin area and change the forwarding to gmail.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Okay, gmail looks good. One last question - will I be able to create separate accounts for mydomain.co.uk so several people can access there own mail for the domain:

[email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]

Does google apps provide this?

Thanks.

Comment

Okay, gmail looks good. One last question - will I be able to create separate accounts for mydomain.co.uk so several people can access there own mail for the domain:

[email protected]
                [email protected]
                [email protected]

Thanks.
                Yes, you'll even get your own login url for your domain mail.

Comment

I'll do it for you at £1/month

Comment

[email protected]
                    [email protected]
                    [email protected]

Thanks.
                    yeah, i think you get up to 25 users per domain on the standard edition
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                    X