• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile Broadband Extender?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    If you're going to those lengths to get mobile broadband at home, why not just get regular broadband with a wireless router?

Or, get one of those routers that can have a mobile broadand dongle attached?
    WHS, mine also does WiFi!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      WHS, mine also does WiFi!
      What make is it? I have an unlimited Vodfone mobile express - PCMCIA card though not dongle. Know any devices that can this this since at the moment my only option seems to be to plug it into one of my notebooks, whichever one I happen to need access on. Would be much more convenient if I could share the connection - but I don't want to go the ICS route for a number of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        If you're going to those lengths to get mobile broadband at home, why not just get regular broadband with a wireless router?

Or, get one of those routers that can have a mobile broadand dongle attached?
        That would work well in a hotel room

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          What make is it? I have an unlimited Vodfone mobile express - PCMCIA card though not dongle. Know any devices that can this this since at the moment my only option seems to be to plug it into one of my notebooks, whichever one I happen to need access on. Would be much more convenient if I could share the connection - but I don't want to go the ICS route for a number of reasons.
          Bought it from 3 when I bought the USB 3G dongle. Cost ~£50 for the router - Huawei D100

http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/p...iew.do?id=1180

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Bought it from 3 when I bought the USB 3G dongle. Cost ~£50 for the router - Huawei D100

http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/p...iew.do?id=1180
            Won't work for me The Voda data card seems to be an Option GE0301. I haven;t been able to track down any sort of router that will support it. Still one lives in hope.

Comment

If the dongle has a socket for an external antenna, try this:

http://www.panorama.co.uk/shop/3g_ne...60G/tclip.html

Rob

Comment

Working...
              X