• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment gateways

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    This is probably all out of date, but I setup a system a few years ago using a combination of World Pay, NoChex and PayPal. NoChex were for UK only, but were guaranteed for up to £200, which is why we used them. World Pay would take everything from anywhere, but there'd always be a large number of fraudulent transactions (and we, the vendor, would pay a fee for each one).

We didn't really want to use PayPal, but so many customers were asking if they could pay that way in the end we gave in and added it to the shopping basket system rather than having to process payments manually.

I would worry more about how they handle the fraudulent transactions and less about the headline fees. At least the fees are predictable.
    Fraudulent transaction handling is something that you'd need to worry about - drop me a PM and I'll try to put you in touch with the people to talk to.

Comment

Working...
    X