• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment gateways

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment gateways

Does anyone recommend a payment gateway that is

a) Not Paypal
    b) Easy to implement using php
    c) Does not have a withholding limit on cash reserves.
    d) Could possibly pay direct to bank account rather than withholding
    e) Supports well known debit and credit cards
    f) Does not have exorbitant rake off fees.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Does anyone know of a quality car that does 150MPH, 100 MPG and costs less than £5K new?

Same answer I'm afraid.

All the gateways make MP's look good value.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Does anyone recommend a payment gateway that is

a) Not Paypal
      b) Easy to implement using php
      c) Does not have a withholding limit on cash reserves.
      d) Could possibly pay direct to bank account rather than withholding
      e) Supports well known debit and credit cards
      f) Does not have exorbitant rake off fees.
      No. Why don't you start one? Remember not to make much money out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Does anyone know of a quality car that does 150MPH, 100 MPG and costs less than £5K new?

Same answer I'm afraid.

All the gateways make MP's look good value.
        Bugger.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The cost is a function of risk, how much money you are willing to leave in their account rather than yours and level of transactions.

I've looked at a lot of them and used Google Checkout, NoChex and PayPal Pro. These are all expensive in terms of charges, but easy to work with and you get your money without a big up front deposit to be left in their accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I was going to say the Aygo but then I read your question.

Comment

Try www.euroconex.com?

Comment

Worldpay?

Comment

This is probably all out of date, but I setup a system a few years ago using a combination of World Pay, NoChex and PayPal. NoChex were for UK only, but were guaranteed for up to £200, which is why we used them. World Pay would take everything from anywhere, but there'd always be a large number of fraudulent transactions (and we, the vendor, would pay a fee for each one).

We didn't really want to use PayPal, but so many customers were asking if they could pay that way in the end we gave in and added it to the shopping basket system rather than having to process payments manually.

I would worry more about how they handle the fraudulent transactions and less about the headline fees. At least the fees are predictable.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I've heard good things about Protx - recently rebranded as Sage Pay. I'm not sure how well it meets all your criteria, but possibly worth a look.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X