• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best home printer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best home printer?

In particular, taking into account ongoing costs (toner etc) which is the best printer to have in the home.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Depends on how much you use it.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      In particular, taking into account ongoing costs (toner etc) which is the best printer to have in the home.
      Tight as ever.

Live a little. Stop crying real tears evertime you print a page.

I recommend Brother printers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Tight as ever.

It's how i became a real millionaire, innit?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have a little HP Laserjet which I haven't put toner in for 2 years and I use it weekly, well surprised.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have a brother MFC465, great bit of kit and the compatible cartridges are quite cheap.

Comment

HP Laserjet

Agreed with above. HP Laserjet 4, 4+ or 4M from ebay or other source.
              ink costs about £50 - £70 a pop but lasts for years.

Comment

Go for HP. Quality kit. I had a Brother fail 2 days out of warranty. They said "tough luck". I'll not buy any more Brother kit. Presently I have 3 HP's and all are very good machines.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I bought a little Canon laser printer about 10 years ago.

It's never gone wrong and the toner lasts for years despite being used to print off endless school projects.

In the real office it's all HP kit apart from one Kyocera for colour.

Comment

You'd think Xerox would make a decent printer wouldn't you? From my experience anything below £500 must be made by some subsidiary as they are utter sh*t, they work better when all the superfluous bits have broken off... once you've found them all from numerous paper jams.

Lexmark have always been good mind.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X