• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to improve PC's performance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Install OS x...

Comment

Install OS x...
      I resisted the temptation to suggest Ubuntu - even though that has been my best performance fix ever on my "little" laptop.

Comment

Install OS x...
        I'm a PC
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          I resisted the temptation to suggest Ubuntu - even though that has been my best performance fix ever on my "little" laptop.
          Isn't that a small African nation?

'elf and safety guru

Comment

2 gig of DDR RAM coming from Crucial in a couple of days.

In the mean time, i'll spend the next few nights archiving about 3 million photos to disc

Then I'll defrag the smeg out of it
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Mine too, Ubuntu Netbook Remix is awesome
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

The more and more you read this thread the more and more you realise there can be only one solution

You know it makes sense, you owe it to yourself...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The more and more you read this thread the more and more you realise there can be only one solution

You know it makes sense, you owe it to yourself...
                  As a Mac user myself, I have to say, give it a rest - some people like Windows.

They're called masochists
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 18 May 2009, 23:36. Reason: I must remember to put my reading glasses on before posting

Comment

If you`re going to defrag I suggest you use a better defragger:

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

Comment

I run Advanced SystemCare Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware both are small files that you can download from download.com. Both seem to do pretty well at speeding thisng up.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X