• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DVD repair : is it possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD repair : is it possible?

Baby BP has taken the boobah DVD out and used it as a frisbee. And something to stand on. It now jumps all over the place. I have cleaned but does not help.

Is it possible to repair? I saw something on ebay for £4.95 : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scratch-Remove...3A1%7C294%3A50 .

Does it matter which dvd repair machine I buy? Will I get better results from a more expensive machine? Has anyone bought one of these and used successfully?

Thanks
    BP

Got something for Hubby from Woolies closing down sale - it is confirmed it they do work ! Repaired DVD's and CD's that we thought were trashed.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Blockbusters should be able to repair it for you for a small fee.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brasso and a lint-free cloth can remove small scratches.
        Use a circular rubbing action on a small area at a time and avoid running along the track.
        Buy another one?

Comment

If it`s a manufactured DVD one of those abrasive kits will probably work, if it`s a home burnt DVD-R the chances are not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Baby BP has taken the boobah DVD out and used it as a frisbee.
            Good Baby BP.

Baby BP good baby.

boobah? Poo bah!

Daddy BP buy boobah? Daddy BP, bad. Slap naughty Daddy BP.

Baby BP bye bye boobah?

Good Baby BP.

Guchi, Guchi goo.

HTH
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
              Brasso and a lint-free cloth can remove small scratches.
              Use a circular rubbing action on a small area at a time and avoid running along the track.
              Buy another one?
              Many thanks : tried it and no luck. I have a kit I bought for £4 from ebay coming will try that.

I see ebay have a person who you can send dvds away to : it would be worth it for a precious DVD. Boohbah will only last another few months anyway.....

Comment

cif

I had an unreadable data CD, and finally used Jif on it - rubbed between centre and edge. I managed to read all the CD and make a copy.

Comment

As far as I can make out from a Google image search, Boobah looks like an animated tiny penis on an enlarged scrotum.

In fact, with SafeSearch off, Boobah looks quite, ooer.

All very reminiscent of this woman's NSFW work.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    As far as I can make out from a Google image search, Boobah looks like an animated tiny penis on an enlarged scrotum.

In fact, with SafeSearch off, Boobah looks quite, ooer.

All very reminiscent of this woman's NSFW work.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boobah

The Boohbahs are five furry, gumdrop-shaped creatures played by actors in full body costumes. Their thick, shimmery fur sparkles with tiny lights; their Kewpie doll style heads are hairless and feature big eyes with rows of lights for eyebrows. They do not speak, but instead make noises like squeaks, squeals, and clicks. The Boohbahs can retract their heads into their furry necks. Each Boohbah is a different color. Each also induces acid trip like hallucinations.

Which is perfect for 18 month olds. Or babies who find Teletubbies too intellectual......

Comment

Working...
                    X