• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DVD repair : is it possible?"

Collapse

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It has worked! Baby is in Boohbah heaven!

Well done Stu!

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied

Well done Stu!
    Wow - that is what I call a product endorsement!

Just ordered it off ebay.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ Possibly NSFW.

Though sadly Boobah isn't listed......
    This is for CD/DVDROMs? Is there an equivalent for movies and children's programmes?

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Must buy some software to ma[ke] legitimate copies, the kids can then ruin the copies as much as they like...
    http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ Possibly NSFW.

Though sadly Boobah isn't listed......
    Last edited by RSoles; 12 May 2009, 19:14. Reason: warning

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I bought a Skip Doctor kit a couple of years ago. It's fixed lots of scratched CD's and DVD's, very impressed!

Well done Stu!

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    Buy another one?
    A good way to throw a lot of money away!

Plus - and this infuriates me - by buying another one the distributors and artists get their fees TWICE when I already paid for it the first time so why should I pay for it again!

Must buy some software to make legitimate copies, the kids can then ruin the copies as much as they like...
    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 12 May 2009, 20:23.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I was about to chip in and say that In The Night Garden was by far the weirdest thing on childrens TV but after looking at that website I have to say it's not, not by a long way. Those people need help.
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    They went through intelligent, past genius, waved to insanity and carried on, on and on...

The does NOT do that justice.
    If you chaps wwere 18 months mental age you would love it. Ask atw.....

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    For the full Boobah experience try this: http://www.boohbah.com/zone.html

Safe for work despite appearing to have been created by someone on very strong drugs.
    They went through intelligent, past genius, waved to insanity and carried on, on and on...

The does NOT do that justice.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post

Safe for work despite appearing to have been created by someone on very strong drugs.
    I was about to chip in and say that In The Night Garden was by far the weirdest thing on childrens TV but after looking at that website I have to say it's not, not by a long way. Those people need help.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I bought a Skip Doctor kit a couple of years ago. It's fixed lots of scratched CD's and DVD's, very impressed!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Have you tried toothpaste? Gently rub it into the scratches so that the abrasives smooth them out. It's worked a couple of times for me.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    The Boohbahs are five furry, gumdrop-shaped creatures
    I see.

I still think they look like a gang of scary dancing knoblets.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    As far as I can make out from a Google image search, Boobah looks like an animated tiny penis on an enlarged scrotum.

In fact, with SafeSearch off, Boobah looks quite, ooer.

All very reminiscent of this woman's NSFW work.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boobah

The Boohbahs are five furry, gumdrop-shaped creatures played by actors in full body costumes. Their thick, shimmery fur sparkles with tiny lights; their Kewpie doll style heads are hairless and feature big eyes with rows of lights for eyebrows. They do not speak, but instead make noises like squeaks, squeals, and clicks. The Boohbahs can retract their heads into their furry necks. Each Boohbah is a different color. Each also induces acid trip like hallucinations.

Which is perfect for 18 month olds. Or babies who find Teletubbies too intellectual......

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    As far as I can make out from a Google image search, Boobah looks like an animated tiny penis on an enlarged scrotum.

In fact, with SafeSearch off, Boobah looks quite, ooer.

All very reminiscent of this woman's NSFW work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X