• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Export from HP Service Centre to QC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export from HP Service Centre to QC

Does anyone have experience of exporting records in HP Service centre into "HP" Quality Centre?

Considering the tools are both owned by HP, they're not v integrated.
    Alternatively, is there some way to export to Excel/txt/csv? At least then we could format and import into QC.

Any help gratefully received.

They might be both owned by HP but Service Center is basically a tarted up Perigrine (Service Center product).

In HP Service Desk there was XML export capability, and in Peregrine there were Excel csv exporting options.

Have a dig in HP SC's Help facility - certainly HP SD had the best and most throrough Help facility of any app I've used.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I know you can do this but it depends on the setup you have. At BT we used Cirtix to attach to service desk and because of the way it was configured, any exports were saved to the remote machine where we didn't have any access. It made for a fun task ensuring data quality between ED, asset Center and Service Desk when you can't actually get to the data!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
      X