• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wireless AV in the house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a pair of wireless ones, Technica from Tesco's for less than 30 quid, they work perfectly for the TV and remote.
    My house is 130+ years old and stone built and has a fair few other 2.4 Ghz devices in it too.
    I did have to fiddle a bit with the positioning of the transmitter and receiver as the TV (of all things) was causing some crappy signal issues, but in the current positions the reception is flawless in my bedroom.

Comment

I'd still go for something like this though....

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=229271

Best to avoid 2.4GHz, I guess it depends where you live though. Went with the 5.8Ghz and they are much better...

Comment

I have got a Phillips wireless AV sender £40 on Ebay - quite fiddly to set up and you also have to place the sensors in exactly the right position in front of the Sky box, but then works a treat.

Much better than Sky multiroom or cable to cable, once the set up is done

Comment

Working...
        X