• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Webcam (wireless) recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcam (wireless) recommendations

Is there such a webcam that is wireless, and at the same time can connect to my wireless router.

My router sits in another room from where I want the webcam located. So I want it self standing essentially. I guess the webcam would need some some of transmitter of its own. Also I would like it to be battery powered, i.e not connected to any mains.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Yes you can get wireless webcams, that connect using wifi with their own IP address and webserver built into them

For example

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/...9473&CatId=336
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

I have a panasonic IP webcam wireless...

wireless is awful - maybe ok for stills.

on wire is very good for the money.

broadbandstuff.co.uk about £140

Comment

thanks for the tips. at least i know they are out there. Also need something with night vision

Comment

Re wireless awful, not sure if webcams comparable in all respects but seen that wireless CCTVs can suffer badly from interference. With those at any rate you can get higher frequency types that are more reliable.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
            thanks for the tips. at least i know they are out there. Also need something with night vision
            Now, what on earth would you be wanting one of these for then, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Now, what on earth would you be wanting one of these for then, eh?
              Maybe it's to monitor foxes in the back garden?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Maybe it's to monitor foxes in the back garden?
                Or some Rampant Bunnies.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Or badger watching fnaar fnaar
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

need to catch that tulip who is damaging my kitchen wall with what i believe is some sort of airgun. unless anyone can think of another way??? Proof is key!

all suggestions considered...
                    Last edited by Slumdog; 21 March 2009, 13:29.

Comment

Working...
                    X