• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internet Explorer 8 released today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer 8 released today

Not particularly exciting, but it should be available around 4.00pm GMT today for those interested.

Linky.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Available now.

No release for Windows 7 though.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Hmmm, just seems to be an endless loop of "select country", "click here", "select your country", "click here"................ Forget it!
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I've just installed it. Seems to work well enough.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Glad you reminded me, it`s been sitting in my Download folder since the 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I've just installed it. Seems to work well enough.
            Yes, it works now. I just downloaded it. First thoughts........ is that it? I'll carry on using FF except for websites known only to work with IE I think, like I do now.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

"Released"? Not for good behaviour, I'll bet.

Was it released or did it crash through some Windows and escape? If so, that'll probably be the last time you see it running successfully.

etc.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Yes, it works now. I just downloaded it. First thoughts........ is that it? I'll carry on using FF except for websites known only to work with IE I think, like I do now.
                What were you expecting? It renders more like FF now, and is "standards compliant" so in other words lots of websites that previously worked won't anymore. But at least it has the compatibility mode.

It also seems to me to be faster than both FF and Chrome, but that's a little hard to judge.

But to be honest the main reason I continue to use IE is it's the only one that anti-aliases the fonts. Grrrr.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

IE8 compatibility mode does not work on cuk forums

The posting reply input form is screwed up in IE8 - compatibility mode on or off its the same!
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                    The posting reply input form is screwed up in IE8 - compatibility mode on or off its the same!
                    'tis looking ok here..this reply posted from IE8.0 v8.0.6001.18702
                    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Working...
                    X