• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online storage, you-know like JungleDisk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online storage, you-know like JungleDisk

The nerve centre of my command centre is my little Ubuntu box. RAID 5, oodles of disk storage, complex and versatile bash scripts running chron jobs, All good, except there is no off site storage.

This is bad. Been meaning to organise some online storage and at the time of googling this in late 07, JungleDisk was just starting out.

It HAS to be windoze and linux compliant (ubuntu flavour if poss, but I can bodge it in)

Is JungleDisk any good, or is it better to go for one more local to blighty?

Anyone got any experience of this?

TIA
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Amazon S3?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Dropbox Free for up to 2GB. $99.00 for up to 50GB. Windows, Linux and Mac compliant. I use it on Ubuntu and Vista.
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
        Dropbox Free for up to 2GB. $99.00 for up to 50GB. Windows, Linux and Mac compliant. I use it on Ubuntu and Vista.
        Their screencast is hosted from S3.amazonblahblahblah.

I'm not sure if that's irony or not...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Their screencast is hosted from S3.amazonblahblahblah.
          Ahhh.... You learn something new everyday. Didn't realise.
          SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

If a sizeable amount of what you want to back up is (are?) photos, then I'd heartily recommend Flickr. It's 25 USD a year for unlimited uploads. You can limit who can see your pics and there is no limit on individual file size.

Oh and of course you can access them from any (web connected) computer.
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
              If a sizeable amount of what you want to back up is (are?) photos, then I'd heartily recommend Flickr. It's 25 USD a year for unlimited uploads. You can limit who can see your pics and there is no limit on individual file size.

Oh and of course you can access them from any (web connected) computer.

Well it is Business data, and personal data such as photos and home movies. The idea was to put all my eggs in one basket to save money.

I think Jungle disk runs on S3 as well. Will take a look at drop box. Thanks for all your help.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
              X