• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internet Explorer Hyperlinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer Hyperlinks?

Hi

I've got a problem with IE in that I cant get the hyperlinks to work, they just open a white (completely blank) page. I've reset it to default settings with no improvement. I've also downloaded IE8 to see if the intall would fix it, but no luck.

Have any of you come across this before, if so do you know the fix?

Is it IE or has my firewall become overzealous?

I'm using COMODO Internet Security.

I can (and am) using firefox so can get by for now, but I don't like to leave anything broken :s

Thanks in advance
    'elf and safety guru

If Firefox is able to access the web then it's unlikely to be the firewall, so it's probably IE.

One possibility is a broken or dodgy toolbar or add-on - the IE team's blog recently had an article on managing these, so start there and see if there's anything untoward installed.

Also, run a check for malware and spyware. There's another Microsoft article on checking for malware affecting IE, which also links to an article about possible non-malware-related IE issues.

Bear in mind that most anti-virus products are not very good at detecting malware (as most malware isn't actually a virus) so a clean scan doesn't necessarily mean your machine is free of problem software.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 14 March 2009, 17:06.

Comment

Thanks Nick - I'll give it a go
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

I've tried a number of spyware and malweare killers to no avail, thanks for the tip though.

Stumped now
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

And now I've lost Media Player....

Gulp

Do you think this is Vista related (I know there were a lot of problems when it was released).

Currently thinking my best bet is to install XP and start again. Is this an easy task?
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
          X