• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free web-based timesheet software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free web-based timesheet software

I am running a couple of small dev teams, kind of half-way between a contractor subcontracting work out and a 'proper' software company. With just 1 or 2 people I simply ask them to log their time into a spreadsheet and email me the XLS each week, I then go through these and merge them with my own timesheet to generate invoices to my client.
    But I've got 5+ people doing this now and it's starting to eat into my time. Every company I've worked with seems to have their own in-house timesheet software, but I wondered if there's a good open-source tool anyone could recommend? All I really need is the ability to add users & tasks, for users to be able to enter tasks and hours, and the ability to generate reports with a bit of flexibility.

If I had the time I'd take the chance to write my own, using some technology I want to learn more about, like asp.net & LINQ, but I don't.

Any recommendations? I'd consider both OS where I have to provide a server, or some low-cost subscription service... £20/month is less than the value of the time I spend doing all this data-entry work after all...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I'm playing with Opengoo which seems to have everything but possibly a bit too much functionality as it provides a document workspace etc.

It looks like it has a time keeping function as well although I've not tried that.

If you like it I could host it for you for £20 a month lol

Comment

I've been looking at a product called FogBugz (from Joel-Spolsky-of-JoelOnSoftware-fame's company) which seems to combine bug tracking, task management and just about everything else... but is $25/month per active user which is slightly steep in my view.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Google second entry down looks promising, not tried it though.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...software&meta=
        Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

www.thisispearl.com

I've started using online software which is online based accounting & CRM software. The way I understand it is you can pick the module you would need and pay a subscription per user (not sure if you are saying you will need 1 user or more). This would help you manage tasks, projects and invoices.
          Last edited by frank size; 13 November 2009, 10:23.

Comment

Working...
          X