• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website cost estimate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    I'm not much into website design so when a friend asked me this question I thought I would throw it over here for some educated views:-

My friend is looking to have a website built, just the usual few pages with some flash. He wants it to look professional and also to provide a user specific experience - by which simply he means that each user can sign up and have their own personal page show up (I'm guessing it will be like an order/inventory type of page).

I know it's a very open question - but approximately how much would this cost him to have built, and then to have it hosted?
    Its the bit above though thats gonna be 90% of the cost. I'd do the other bits for £500 + 25/year hosting. But its the dynamic part that needs to be properly explained before a half decent estimate can be supplied.

Amount of times i've specced a site for a client along the lines of "just a few pages with pictures to advertise my company, nothing fancy" only to give a price and then hear "Great, yes i'll go for that, oh yeah, can it also do everything that Amazon does, is that included too?".

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
      I certainly do, first whiff of a flash site and its <-- Back for me. Detest them.
      Me too. I never view a Flash website. Horrid things they are.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Me too. I never view a Flash website. Horrid things they are.
        WHS. Flash on the page, click back.

Comment

Just picked a chap to do my plan B site design on rentacoder, for 12 dynamic pages the chap pitched 1400 dollar.

There were some total spuds pitching for the role "I am a c# developer from India, we do job for 500 dollar"

Comment

Working...
          X