• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outlook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlook

I run two machines, both with Outlook.

I tend to download/send most of my mail using my laptop, but occasionally use the desktop at home.

Is there a way of synchronising the two Outlooks to make sure I have the same emails on both machines?

Thanks

Yes there is.

Pleomax
    Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

If your mailserver supports IMAP, set both outlooks to use IMAP instead of POP3/SMTP.

Alternatively set one of your Outlook's to leave the messages on the server so that when the other connects, it downloads them too.
      Still Invoicing

Comment

blacjac you must have the mind reading chip installed as you went the extra yard by explaining how to do it.
        Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Tell the desktop to leave a copy of the email on the server - use the laptop as the master email downloader.
          www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

apologies

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
            blacjac you must have the mind reading chip installed as you went the extra yard by explaining how to do it.
            Pleomax - You are the awkward PM who has been working with me for the last 5 months and generally pi**ing everyone off with his pedantic approach to everything - and I claim my £5 and the right to delay your timesheet.

Sorry for not asking part 2 of the two part question: "...and could you please tell me how to do it?"

Thanks to those who could make the connection between me asking the question and wanting to know the answer.

Comment

Working...
            X