• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Outlook

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Outlook"

Collapse

• Ken Dodd
    replied
    apologies

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
    blacjac you must have the mind reading chip installed as you went the extra yard by explaining how to do it.
    Pleomax - You are the awkward PM who has been working with me for the last 5 months and generally pi**ing everyone off with his pedantic approach to everything - and I claim my £5 and the right to delay your timesheet.

Sorry for not asking part 2 of the two part question: "...and could you please tell me how to do it?"

Thanks to those who could make the connection between me asking the question and wanting to know the answer.

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Tell the desktop to leave a copy of the email on the server - use the laptop as the master email downloader.

Leave a comment:

• pleomax
    replied
    blacjac you must have the mind reading chip installed as you went the extra yard by explaining how to do it.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    If your mailserver supports IMAP, set both outlooks to use IMAP instead of POP3/SMTP.

Alternatively set one of your Outlook's to leave the messages on the server so that when the other connects, it downloads them too.

Leave a comment:

• pleomax
    replied
    Yes there is.

Pleomax

Leave a comment:

• Ken Dodd
    started a topic Outlook

Outlook

I run two machines, both with Outlook.

I tend to download/send most of my mail using my laptop, but occasionally use the desktop at home.

Is there a way of synchronising the two Outlooks to make sure I have the same emails on both machines?

Thanks

Working...
X