• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Web / Domain Hosting that supports CNAME changes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web / Domain Hosting that supports CNAME changes?

Hi All,

I am currently with Fasthosts and want to migrate my company domain (currently just the domain name) off to another hosting provider that will give me the ability to change the CNAME and MX records for use with Google Apps.

I looked at GoDaddy but they can't migrate .co.uk domains.

Can anyone recommend a good provider based on the above that also has a good, intuitive and easy to use interface / control panel?

Thanks,

P

I tend to use 123-reg.co.uk for my .co.uk domains. Their control panel isn't too bad, and they're on Quidco.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I've used Network Solutions in the past as well, and they seemd pretty good.
      If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

i've used freeparking.co.uk for a long time - no problems and the admin tools are great - givesyou either numpty or advanced mode which lets you tweak everything.

Comment

Have used lcn.biz for a while. Not sure if they are the cheapest or not, but I've got google apps setup up for my domain and LCN seem to do a good enough job.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I use http://easily.co.uk/ for assorted domains. It was a snap to set up a CNAME record pointing to an Amazon EC2 server. I haven't mucked around with MX records yet, but they're on the DNS control panel.

Comment

Working...
            X