• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick Struts question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Struts question

I'm taking a look at a Struts-based web-app, running on TomCat. The WAR I was given appears to be being picked up fine, but I can't seem to see anywhere what it's base URL is (it's running on my local PC). I haven't done this type of thing for a year, and I thought it was set up in web.xml on typical JSP projects, but I haven't used Struts properly before so maybe it has some other place.
    Can anyone tell me what file/property I should be looking for? Other than struts, everything looks very typical with a bunch of JSPs, TLDs etc. My TomCat monitor app doesn't seem to tell me what I need, and I don't see it in the logs either.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Should just be..

http://127.0.0.1:8080/<directory name the war explodes to>/

I think

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Should just be..

http://127.0.0.1:8080/<directory name the war explodes to>/

I think
      That works... I thought I'd tried all the obvious things but must have missed something. I wasn't specifying the port number before but isn't 8080 the default?

Anyway... it runs now so thankyou
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

na it's port 80.

Probably put more work into this thread than I have at clientCo in the last month.

Comment

Working...
        X