• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone in car charger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone in car charger

Could any one recomend an incar charger for the Companies iPhone please?

If it allowed you to listen to the ipod through the radio it would be good too.
    Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Try ebay, about £15.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
      Try ebay, about £15.
      Thank you for your answer however that is a bit like me asking what paint would you recommend for the bedroom, and giving me an answer of try B&Q or Focus.

Just giving an indication of the vehicle to purchase is not a recomendation of a product.

Pleomax
      Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Griffin.

They have two model types iirc - on a fixed jobbie, with a cradle and one that's like a cable with a dongle. We have the latter. It works ok, but you end up retuning serveral time if you're going a long way. TBH, I expect them all to be much of a muchness.

Far better is to pay for a cradle to plug into your stereo - most later models you can even control your ipod using the CD controls. Problem is, this is a pro job unless you want Halfords to rip your dashboard off.
        Last edited by Moscow Mule; 22 January 2009, 09:57.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I have a Parrot MKi9100. Bluetooths through the exisiting car speakers for phone calls but also gives you a cable to dock your iPhone/iPod giving you the ability to also play music whilst charging. A little wireless widget gives you volume and track control.

I got this installed by a pro, but I reckon Halfords will supply and fit it for about £250...
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

My car has a USB (and AUX) port in the centre console and automatically recognises the iPhone or iPod and you control it via the cars controls. Don't Harmonn Kardon do one which does all this, albeit quite expensive?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
              I have a Parrot MKi9100. Bluetooths through the exisiting car speakers for phone calls but also gives you a cable to dock your iPhone/iPod giving you the ability to also play music whilst charging. A little wireless widget gives you volume and track control.

I got this installed by a pro, but I reckon Halfords will supply and fit it for about £250...
              If you can plug together a Hi-Fi system you can put a new stereo in your car. Just make sure you get the right mounting adaptor and multiplex cable for your make and model and it's a 10 minute job.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Have a look here for a nice range of custom (to the car & phone) phone holders. Some have the charger built in.

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/

Comment

Griffin Itrip Autopilot.

Comment

Thank you for all your replies.
                    Pleomax

Comment

Working...
                    X