• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Locking a PC while still displaying information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locking a PC while still displaying information

The transport department here has location stransponders fitted to all the company vehicles. Locations are shown in real time on a large screen in one of the offices, fed from a PC running the supporting software. As company policy is for unattended PC's to lock themselves after 10 mins this keeps blanking the screen since the PC is not used for anything else.

Does anyone one know a way to lock the PC while still displaying the data, preferably without having to spend any money on it or physically removing the the keyboard and mouse.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

this will work
    http://www.fspro.net/lock-my-pc/
    Unlike Windows XP, Lock My PC can display different lock screens (including transparent lock screen) - it allows to use your computer as a presentation machine - you can display your own information for your clients and nobody will access your desktop.
    Jon
    Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Using policy editor you can lock the machine down.

I think Tweak UI can log the machine automactically, Then have a complete lockdown with one Icon on the desktop - The app you want to run.
      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
      X