• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norton 360 - Alternative Products

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    AVG is shyte! Use it at your peril. Dont take my word, see comparison here
    http://antivirus.about.com/od/antivi...a/freeav_2.htm

With a score of just 30 (!) out of a possible 125, do you really want to trust your pc with that piece of shyte?

You've really got to question the knowledge of people who recommend and use AVG!
    I agree. And AVG (the free one) doesn't even do real-time scanning. Greater exposure. I went with Kaspersky, but would prefer Sophos... however, I can't afford to but the corporate license.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Sophos seems good, what I'll probably switch to when my Kaspersky license expires, definetly one of the fastest and they optimise it for speed.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        I agree. And AVG (the free one) doesn't even do real-time scanning.
        It does actually - checks stuff on file open.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It does actually - checks stuff on file open.
          What does it do when you download a file or browsing websites with active content?
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Look no further than Avast! The last AV app you'll need.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              What does it do when you download a file or browsing websites with active content?
              It definately does it on file open - most likely does for active sites, I prefer to use NOSCRIPT plugin for my FireFox to only grant permission for select trusted sites to do anything remotely "active": much safer strategy than any anti-virus.

Comment

Get a Mac....

Happy New Year
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've used most AV products in Production networks and for home users during a stint working for a PC repair shop and can't recommend NOD32 from www.eset.com enough. It has the smallest footprint of any AV product and has tiny updates several times a day.

Comment

Working...
                  X