• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bit Torrent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    utorrent and turn on encyption so that your ISP cannot work out what sort of traffic it is if you have one of those ISP's that cap bandwidth for torrents.

http://www.utorrent.com/
    WHS

I use www.isohunt.com

If you're with bt broadband, they traffic shape from 1600-2300 (ish) so speeds will be slow regardless of who you use, but outside these hours you get your full speed
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I've been using Bittornado for years as it worked first time so I've stuck with it, is there a good reason why I should use anything else? Also I find most of what I want on torrentreactor, again is there any reason not to use this?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I've been using Bittornado for years as it worked first time so I've stuck with it, is there a good reason why I should use anything else? Also I find most of what I want on torrentreactor, again is there any reason not to use this?
        Suck 'em and see

One of the great gifts the Internet has given us is the ability to try something new, and ditch it if we don't like it. Take advantage of living in the twenty-first century

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Suck 'em and see

One of the great gifts the Internet has given us is the ability to try something new, and ditch it if we don't like it. Take advantage of living in the twenty-first century
          Hence uTorrent and isohunt (for me)

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            I've steered clear of torrenting to date but am thinking of taking a look at it.

What's the basics I need to know.

i.e Most user friendly client.
            Good torrent sites for movies and/or TV programmes
            Azureus client is a good one...never let me down.

Comment

Appreciate all the tips/advice.

Plenty to keep me going for a while.

Comment

A good site for tv shows:

http://eztv.it

it also has a https equivalent if you download a certificate for privacy

it has all the tv shows from over the pond and here

you don't have to search for them as they are listed by show alphabetically then by season.

The site just has the torrent files on them so use whatever client you want.

Comment

If you're with Virgin media they will reduce your bandwidth between 4pm-9pm once you reach a certain threshold in bandwidth. When they do that I find it is necessary to cap your upload speeds with uTorrent to around 8k/sec or your download speed suffers (I can get about 140k/sec when I've capped the upload speed - and maybe about 25k/sec when I haven't).

Comment

Working...
                  X