• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Update just 'bricked' my iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: iphone is now working again but was restored to some point in November which is weird.

I don't think it likes it if you use different copies of iTunes for updates, i.e. one desktop and a lappy.

Comment

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
      How do you find the battery life?
      Fully charged this morning, sent a couple of emails and 1/2 surffing this morning and battery only half full now!
      Not sure if it will last listening to an hour of iPod this afternoon and till i get back to home office!!!!
      Yeah, its not great in that respect. I'm finding it needs a charge every couple of days. Playing games and sitting watching YouTube on it for a couple of hours seems to chew power.

Although to be fair, from what i've seen of it so far, theres a fair bit of processing/graphics power under the hood.

Comment

I have been trying to source an adaptor amoungst the other contractors on site but to no avail!

I know a couple of permies have adaptors but I am not that desperate!
        I have turned push/wifi and location services off and decided not to listen to tunes this afternoon.

I think it will be ok for the 1 1/2 hour drive home now.

Can any one recommend a good incar charger?

Regards

Pleo (I almost signed my real name there phew!)
        Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
          I have been trying to source an adaptor amoungst the other contractors on site but to no avail!

I know a couple of permies have adaptors but I am not that desperate!
          !)
          So you know a couple of people who have sourced the kit you need, but won't ask because they are permanent members of staff??!!

No wonder you purchased a Jesus Phone!

Comment

Last update I did bricked my phone, and I thought ****!!! Clicked recover and it restored it to the back up it made before it patched and installed the update fine.

I was quite impressed, just had to resync my apps which was a 5 min job

Comment

Originally posted by DogTown View Post
              So you know a couple of people who have sourced the kit you need, but won't ask because they are permanent members of staff??!!

No wonder you purchased a Jesus Phone!
              You missed the point i was making, I did not want to go an show a sign of weakness to permies who have a aura of greatness.

I am free of their ties and do not want to add fuel to thier ego's.

I did not know that the iPhone had been called a "Jesus Phone" in digital media. It always amazes me how when people find it hard to express themselves they always resort to using a spiritual symbol in a derogortory fashion.
              Last edited by pleomax; 23 December 2008, 23:13.
              Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Working...
              X