• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

External wireless hard drives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe wireless is a bit slow for backups.
    I've got a spare usb port on my bt home hub - that should do the trick shouldn't it ?

Comment

Originally posted by adestor View Post
      Maybe wireless is a bit slow for backups.
      I've got a spare usb port on my bt home hub - that should do the trick shouldn't it ?
      Those are for printers aren't they?

What you want is a NAS with cheap 'n cheerful ethernet through a wire (or four wires to be strictly accurate).
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Those are for printers aren't they?

What you want is a NAS with cheap 'n cheerful ethernet through a wire (or four wires to be strictly accurate).
        I'm thinking of getting one of these an plugging it into my wireless router:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126893

add a 750gb sata drive and it comes in at £100

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
          I'm thinking of getting one of these an plugging it into my wireless router:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126893

add a 750gb sata drive and it comes in at £100
          Seems a good plan to me.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by adestor View Post
            Anybody know of any decent wireless external hard drives around the 1Tb size ? I was looking at the Freecom 1Tb Datatank on dabs.com and seems to have good reviews. Seems to have gone up in price recently though .... that pesky pound again no doubt.
            Western Digital WDH1U10000 for £64.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              no network port or wireless

Comment

Working...
              X