• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top of the range laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
    I trashed mine recently, spilt a pint of coke over it

They arranged to replace the motherboard and keyboard on site (home) that didn’t work, so it went away for repair. It took them 2 weeks but came back virtually new. Only thing I would complain about is the offshore call centres....
    Spilt a can of coke over my 2.5 yr old ThinkPad last year which killed it, and had a new motherboard onsite next working day all done and dusted, back up and running. UK call centre, kept me in the loop, very impressed

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Couldn't you get it out with a good vacuum cleaner?
      No, coke was running out the usb slots

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

I trashed mine recently, spilt a pint of coke over it

They arranged to replace the motherboard and keyboard on site (home) that didn’t work, so it went away for repair. It took them 2 weeks but came back virtually new. Only thing I would complain about is the offshore call centres....
        I'd love for them to do that to my shafted lappy, but can;'t seem to talk to anyone about getting it done.
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
          I'd love for them to do that to my shafted lappy, but can;'t seem to talk to anyone about getting it done.
          Is it a dell under a year old?

Comment

It's allegedly quite easy to install Vista on a MacBook and dual boot Mac/Vista. I plan to do this on mine - everyone recommends BootCamp which is free on the Mac.
            You then have powerful, attractive laptop running Windows... plus you can show it to Mac users and laugh when they wince like it's a photo of their parents 69-ing.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Also looking at a top of the range laptop as some of my applications require 4gb to run really well and like the look of the W700 but configured with 8gb RAM and 640gb disk comes to over $6,000 but I do like the pull out dual screen which, for me, would come in very useful. Alternatively is the gScreen when it comes out, nice.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Is it a dell under a year old?
                Yes indeed it is, but before Dell will give me a return address they have to be convinced that it is broken. Which they will only do if survive the tech support helpline. Last call i was transferred 15 times. Fifteen Times! And still no resolution.
                "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                  Yes indeed it is, but before Dell will give me a return address they have to be convinced that it is broken. Which they will only do if survive the tech support helpline. Last call i was transferred 15 times. Fifteen Times! And still no resolution.
                  That was my point about the offshore call centres, they are a pain in the arse.

Comment

That was my point about the offshore call centres, they are a pain in the arse.
                    I always get the Dell Irish Offshore call center
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I have a Dell XPS M1530.

It's a very nice laptop. Very happy with it.
                      Originally posted by cailin maith
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Working...
                      X