• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Date field

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date field

Simple question here regarding the date field in Word: Where does Word populate the date field from?

I have a document with the date field entered and every time I open it, it puts a false date and not the current date. I have checked the system/date entry in Control Panel and it shows the correct date so I am confused!!

If it is ok in other docs then maybe a bit of VBA code changing the date or just that field on open. Failing that I'd try changing the template, gotta be one of those I'd have thought.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Toggle the field to see what it is referring to - could be the current date, last saved date, last changed date...
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's not populating it with the US date format is it? I find that a pain in the @rse when doing anything with VBA - so 11th Jan 09 would become 01/11/08
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
        X