• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

View email archives outside of Mail/Outlook?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View email archives outside of Mail/Outlook?

Windows Mail is getting very slow to open, probably due to so many messages. I would like to archive them and just be able to view selected items when/if I need to. I have a thing called OEView but it does not show email titles, just file names so hard to find things. Anyone know of a decent email viewer? Don't need to send/receive with it.

Cheers!

PS. For any contractors concerned about constant government intrusions and plotting to blow up parliament (as any sane person must be doing) how about this?

http://3d2f.com/programs/5-632-email...download.shtml
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    PS. For any contractors concerned about constant government intrusions and plotting to blow up parliament (as any sane person must be doing) how about this?

http://3d2f.com/programs/5-632-email...download.shtml
    For the ultra paranoid it looks like a step in the right direction, but as far as I can see it doesn't seem to support encryption over the wire so there's still opportunity for the message content to be intercepted in transit..
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Windows Mail is getting very slow to open, probably due to so many messages. I would like to archive them and just be able to view selected items when/if I need to. I have a thing called OEView but it does not show email titles, just file names so hard to find things. Anyone know of a decent email viewer? Don't need to send/receive with it.
      I know nothing about windoze mail except that it is basically outlook express but no-one else is offering anything so..perhaps it's possible to do your archiving and then use google desktop search or windows search to find the message(s) in your archive quickly. Then you can continue using windoze mail with the relvant found message(s).

..only problem is your system might get bogged in terminal indexing of files and emails; you didn't mention your machine spec / mail store size etc
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

How about google mail?
        will require to be online though
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
        X