• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

delete....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delete....

I've been forced to use a PC

On the Mac I'm used to pressing delete and the files are gone end of story.

How do I stop the PC asking me:

a) Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?

b) Are you sure you want to delete this file?

c) question B occurs every 30 seconds or so

Why can't it just be simple????

I'm felling frustrated already and I've only been using the machine for 5 minutes...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Get a Mac...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Have you tried ticking the "apply to all" or "do this every time" box (depending on OS).

<helpdesk mode>
      I suggest you go back to using a mac, your obvoiously not up to making your own descisions....
      </helpdesk mode>
      Still Invoicing

Comment

I see where your problem lies. You should just instruct your network monkey to delete the files. The endless confirmations become his problem, and you can get on relaxing with your pimms.

Or right click on the recycle bin, go to properties and untick "display delete confirmation dialog"
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
            Have you tried ticking the "apply to all" or
            Many times still the task will not complete without questions.... it's a wonder I tolerated this OS for so long in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                Funny that - precisely where I drew my answer from.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                X