• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HP Service Center configuration for Change Management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A colleague working in Change Management needs to know:

1. Lowdown on how to stand up Change Management
    2. If it can be used vanilla, or, if any customisation is needed.

Any advice very welcome!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    A colleague working in Change Management needs to know:

1. Lowdown on how to stand up Change Management
    2. If it can be used vanilla, or, if any customisation is needed.

Any advice very welcome!
    Have you been smoking something?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Have you been smoking something?
      No, seriously, I have never used service centre, and need to get a feel for stand-up.

Comment

yuk, the competition!!

Answers from my background but will broadly apply to the HP product too.

First of all you'll need to define how the adoption of process is controlled.

There are three approaches to process adoption:
        1. No process exists client wants to adopt OOTB process.
        2. Process exists but wants to change to OOTB process.
        3. Process exists and client wants OOTB product to adopt it.

For case 1, a detailed drill down into the OOTB process is required, in order to establish training plans and to ensure a move to case 3 is not the realisty. In case 2 and 3 the OOTB process needs to be compared to the existing (hopefully documented) process and either a process change plan/design or customisation plan and design produced.

Assuming in this scenario the client is at case 1 or 2, then there will still be further data requirements in terms of users, groups, categorisations and approvals that will be gathered and configured in the system.

HTH

Comment

Yup, what Manic says...

If you have any kind of Change Mgt process, HPSC will need some form of configuring/customising. no OOTB solution is going to fit like a glove...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

BMC Remedy Change Management is what you need

highly customisable, great product and keeps me in work

i'll happily come along, install, configure and customise it for you at a very good rate

<chef in "take any work i can get even if it means working with wilmsloooooow" mode>
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Nah, I gave up with HP, and I don't think Remedy is much better, you want the new boys on the block ICCM Solutions.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                BMC Remedy Change Management is what you need

highly customisable, great product and keeps me in work

i'll happily come along, install, configure and customise it for you at a very good rate

<chef in "take any work i can get even if it means working with wilmsloooooow" mode>
                Oi I was first, get in line!!

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
                  Oi I was first, get in line!!
                  I was wondering how long that would take..
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X