• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macbook startup problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook startup problems

I have had problems with my Macbook since I got it about a year ago. It does not startup every time. Sometimes I get a blank screen, sometimes the spinning logo, and sometimes the black screen with error message to reboot. Each time if I restart it works fine. I took it to an apple store and they looked at the logs and said it wasn't a hardware issue, they suggested a software issue and said I could install Leopard to see if it fixed the issue.

I will probably get around to installing Leopard at some point to see if that works but has anyone had a similar issue or any other ideas as to what the problem could be?

Never had that problem, and I haven't heard of anybody else having it either.

Do you have any unusual startup items? I've heard of things like Application Enhancer causing issues, although it's never given me any problems.

You could try re-installing Tiger if you don't want to make the move to Leopard. Using the "Archive and Install" option with the install disc that came with it will move your current stuff to one side and do a clean install of the OS - it's then straightforward to put your stuff back, although you should of course do a full backup first

Comment

Working...
    X