• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loss of cursor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of cursor

A new phenomenum with my PC - I keep losing the cursor!!

If I hit the CTRL key I can locate it and I can "move" it but I cant see it. At present I have to reboot to make it visible again.

Any ideas how I can resolve it?

Originally posted by Mustang View Post

If I hit the CTRL key I can locate it and I can "move" it but I cant see it. At present I have to reboot to make it visible again.

Do a virus and spyware scan first. Eliminate the obvious. Reinstall the mouse drivers. If you are using a PS/2 mouse, think about using a USB one. If you are using a USB mouse, check to see if you can see it in Device Manager. If you can't, it could mean there is a problem with either the USB port or the mouse itself.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Well I would make a suggestion but you're not going to like it...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If this is in Word, then it's a known problem... fix by changing the view to say 200% then back to 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          If this is in Word, then it's a known problem... fix by changing the view to say 200% then back to 100%
          That's a "workaround", not a "fix".

Sorry, it's not your fault.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Buy a Dragon 64?
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              curse?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                If this is in Word
                Sadly it is not just Word - it is any application or even at Windows....!!

Comment

Sadly it is not just Word - it is any application or even at Windows....!!

I am not a DT support person but in any form of trouble shooting one needs full details. It does seem like you (your PC) has a memory leak.

What spec is your PC/LT?
                  What size RAM?
                  What OS and patch level?
                  How long do you leave the PC on before it happens?
                  Do you get the same problem when NOT connected to the network/Internet?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I am not a DT support person but in any form of trouble shooting one needs full details. It does seem like you (your PC) has a memory leak.

What spec is your PC/LT?
                    What size RAM?
                    What OS and patch level?
                    How long do you leave the PC on before it happens?
                    Do you get the same problem when NOT connected to the network/Internet?
                    You clearly haven't a clue what you're on about. Do you work at PC World?

Comment

Working...
                    X