• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Loss of cursor

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Loss of cursor"

Collapse

• mailric
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    clearly not, the obvious PC world answer is to "turn it off and back on again" (AKA rebooting although anyone technical minded enough to know that term is over qualified for PC world)
    and remember to make sure you completely unplug your PC to "re-seat the power source"

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You clearly haven't a clue what you're on about. Do you work at PC World?
    clearly not, the obvious PC world answer is to "turn it off and back on again" (AKA rebooting although anyone technical minded enough to know that term is over qualified for PC world)

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I am not a DT support person but in any form of trouble shooting one needs full details. It does seem like you (your PC) has a memory leak.

What spec is your PC/LT?
    What size RAM?
    What OS and patch level?
    How long do you leave the PC on before it happens?
    Do you get the same problem when NOT connected to the network/Internet?
    You clearly haven't a clue what you're on about. Do you work at PC World?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    Sadly it is not just Word - it is any application or even at Windows....!!

I am not a DT support person but in any form of trouble shooting one needs full details. It does seem like you (your PC) has a memory leak.

What spec is your PC/LT?
    What size RAM?
    What OS and patch level?
    How long do you leave the PC on before it happens?
    Do you get the same problem when NOT connected to the network/Internet?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    If this is in Word
    Sadly it is not just Word - it is any application or even at Windows....!!

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well I would make a suggestion but you're not going to like it...
    curse?

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Buy a Dragon 64?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    If this is in Word, then it's a known problem... fix by changing the view to say 200% then back to 100%
    That's a "workaround", not a "fix".

Sorry, it's not your fault.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    A new phenomenum with my PC - I keep losing the cursor!!

If I hit the CTRL key I can locate it and I can "move" it but I cant see it. At present I have to reboot to make it visible again.

Any ideas how I can resolve it?
    If this is in Word, then it's a known problem... fix by changing the view to say 200% then back to 100%

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied

If I hit the CTRL key I can locate it and I can "move" it but I cant see it. At present I have to reboot to make it visible again.

Do a virus and spyware scan first. Eliminate the obvious. Reinstall the mouse drivers. If you are using a PS/2 mouse, think about using a USB one. If you are using a USB mouse, check to see if you can see it in Device Manager. If you can't, it could mean there is a problem with either the USB port or the mouse itself.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    started a topic Loss of cursor

Loss of cursor

Working...
X