• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email filtering

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email filtering

Hi,

A customer of mine is receiving viruses via email.

What I would like to do is, create a 2nd email address for him which I know filters/deletes spam & viruses from it.

forward mail from the original email address to the 2nd filtering email address.

I guess such a service is available at a cost from BT etc. I just wondered if
    anybody knows of a free service to achieve the same.

Cheers

Why not get the host to filter the spam? I'm using UK2 on one of my accounts and generally the junk stays out. £2-3 a month for the service albeit.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
      Hi,

A customer of mine is receiving viruses via email.

What I would like to do is, create a 2nd email address for him which I know filters/deletes spam & viruses from it.

forward mail from the original email address to the 2nd filtering email address.

I guess such a service is available at a cost from BT etc. I just wondered if
      anybody knows of a free service to achieve the same.

Cheers
      You could set up an automatic forward for all his mail to a Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail account, all of which provide reasonable spam filtering for free, then redirect all the non spam back to the original account.

Obviously you need the right filtering rules in place to avoid looping it all into oblivion but if you want a free solution that should work.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks DaveB

It's one option I will look into.

Comment

Working...
        X